TheGraph’s curation program has allowed us to learn about TheGraph ecosystem, how Subgraphs work, and evaluate which subgraphs are high quality and useful to users. It was also extremely insightful to learn how subgraphs are developed, deployed, and used. We at Anyblock have developed a dashboard that leverages the subgraph from TheGraph Testnet to visualize meaningful and important metrics for curators, indexers, and other interested users.
How TheGraph advances web3
- TheGraph enables essential decentralization so that no one entity, or organization, controls what is relevant to users.
- TheGraph advances blockchain and Web3 by providing an ecosystem for many users to work with and have simpler access to blockchain data.
- Using TheGraph makes web3 more accessible to developers. Querying from the blockchain becomes easier, cheaper and less time consuming.
- GraphQL is flexible and easy to understand and apply.
- With decentralization, security and reliability are ensured, leading to robust data sources. Trust is minimized (you still need to trust the subgraph developer if you cannot verify the code yourself).
- With the decentralized and open source system of TheGraph, we can be sure that the ecosystem will be there forever and developers can develop their dApps around Subgraphs.
Not only do we believe in TheGraph, but TheGraph is also critical to Web3. It is crucial, because not every data is easily queryable from the Ethereum network. The task of gathering data from Ethereum can be cumbersome, time consuming and expensive. It allows and enables developers to work easier and efficiently with blockchain data. TheGraph lowers the barrier to entry into blockchain development. Furthermore Subgraphs provide fast response times, because the computations on the data are performed prior to the querying. Therefore using Subgraphs for dApp development is faster and more reliable.
Most critical for Web3 are Subgraphs, which provide data for use-cases that are emerging and trending (DeFI, …). Subgraphs have to deliver data which is accurate and up to date. If these conditions are satisfied, TheGraph will advance Web3.
What we’ve learned as curator in TheGraph testnet
We are already excited and looking forward to continuing this journey after the successful launch on Mainnet this week!